Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Apply for pip twice

Options
Richteachouxsnack
Richteachouxsnack Community member Posts: 37 Listener
I am awaiting an upper tribunal for pip for two years in total  and I have heard I can make a fresh claim as it might be quicker but would it affect first claim and back pay if I won 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,282 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you started another claim and your Tribunal was successful then you will only be owed money up until the day before you started your new claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Richteachouxsnack
    Options
    So the two year wait will be ignored and I will just get recent application. I’ve been told another 20 week wait for upper tribunal 
  • Richteachouxsnack
    Options
    What if the new pip application is sorted first what will happen about the old claim and the tribunal I presume it would not go ahead 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,282 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So the two year wait will be ignored and I will just get recent application.
    If you don't currently have an award and your new claim is successful then it will only be paid from the date you started your new claim.

What if the new pip application is sorted first what will happen about the old claim and the tribunal I presume it would not go ahead 

Any new decision made on the new claim will overrule the Tribunal decision, regardless of which decision is made first. Starting a new claim will mean you're creating a closed period, which means if successfully awarded from the Tribunal you will only be owed money up until the day before you started a new claim.
    It will not cancel your Tribunal.

However, you need to be careful about starting a new claim if you currently don't have an award. To constantly reapply using the same evidence you previous used could see another refusal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.