If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Lcwra

Options
cmu
cmu Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi there I was awarded lcwra on the 13/02/23 I have received a letter from the courts stating this but nothing on my uc journal also when should I get my first payment I get my payments on the 5th of every month

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    edited February 2023
    Options
    It can take DWP several weeks to receive the tribunal decision and then process it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • cmu
    Options
    calcotti said:
    It can take DWP several weeks to receive the tribunal decision and then process it.

• cmu
    Options
    Thanks I have been fighting this for a year my work coach is aware that I won my case just getting a bit frustrated and confused as to when I will receive any payments
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,980 Championing
    Options
    I can hear how this is frustrating and confusing for you @cmu :( Hopefully, you will find out more information about this soon.

In the meantime, is there anything that might help this to feel more manageable for you? Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • cmu
    Options
    Thankyou so much I just want some straight answers from dwp it’s all so confusing I feel like I have had to jump through hoops for so long 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,980 Championing
    Options
    That sounds really difficult @cmu, especially over a long period of time  :( Hopefully, DWP will give you some straight answers soon  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,289 Championing
    Options
    cmu said:
    Thankyou so much I just want some straight answers from dwp it’s all so confusing I feel like I have had to jump through hoops for so long 

To be fair it's only been a couple of weeks since you had your decision, which is only about 9 working days. DWP have the same chance we do to appeal the decision but first they need to request the statement of reasons from the Tribunal within 1 month of the date of the decision.

Once they receive that they have to find the error in law before they can proceed any further. They sometimes request the SOR but rarely appeal it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cmu
    Options
    Yes I understand it’s only been a couple of weeks but a year of assessments mandatory reconcidorations an adjourned tribunal as dwp did not send me the package of paper work then the most recent tribunal which I was in for 5 minutes the judge didn’t even feel she needed to ask me anything before her decision in my favour all I want off the dwp is some idea of timescale they must know roughly how long
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Scope Member Posts: 11,216 Championing
    Options
    Congratulations on receiving your payment.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,289 Championing
    Options
    cmu said:
    all I want off the dwp is some idea of timescale they must know roughly how long
    You were given the timescale above by calcotti. I totally understand it's frustrating having to wait after the Tribunal decision but there's nothing more you can do now.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cmu
    Options
    Yeah it’s just frustrating 
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.