Uc and carers element — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Uc and carers element

Options
NANATO4
NANATO4 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Hi does anyone know what date the carers element is paid I know its probably monthly but not had word about any dates yet and if its backdated do they take anything off uc benefit as my partner is a pensioner thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Carers element is part of UC and it will increase your maximum UC entitlement by £168.81/month. It's not a separate payment,  It will be paid on your usual payment date.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • NANATO4
    NANATO4 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    Hi poppy thanks for your reply, see my partner gets state pension I get uc and pip he claims carers element for me so does this mean I get the payment through my uc in which I think you said this ,and do you know how long it takes for a backdated payment from carers element and on what day would it be paid please im so confused also are uc allowed to leave you with £0 I thought they had to leave you with 25% your help will be truly helpful thank-you 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2023
    Options
    NANATO4 said:
    Hi poppy thanks for your reply, see my partner gets state pension I get uc and pip he claims carers element for me so does this mean I get the payment through my uc in which I think you said this
    The carer element is added to the UC calculation. Your UC will be paid on your usual day
    Carers element is part of UC and it will increase your maximum UC entitlement by £168.81/month. It's not a separate payment,  It will be paid on your usual payment date. 
    NANATO4 said:
    ..also are uc allowed to leave you with £0 I thought they had to leave you with 25% your help will be truly helpful thank-you 
    Whether or not you are entitled to any UC depends on your joint circumstances.
    For example your partner's State Pension is deducted from the UC so if their SP is worth more than your maximum UC amount then no Uc would be payable.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    NANATO4 said:
    my partner gets state pension I get uc and pip he claims carers element for me
    You will both be claiming UC because it's a means tested benefit. His state pension will be deducted in full from any UC entitlement.

NANATO4 said:
    also are uc allowed to leave you with £0 I thought they had to leave you with 25% your help will be truly helpful thank-you 

No idea where you got this from but it's not correct. Whether there's any entitlement to UC will depend on what your maximum entitlement is and the deductions.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.