Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is peck! I was over paid and they want the payment back.

peck Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I applied for uc in September 2022 as I am no longer able to work and have been awarded lcwra around New year.  When esa were working out my entitlement they said they had deducted extra money paid to me and paid the difference.  Now uc have contacted me said I was over paid and want the payment back.  It is alot of money approx 350pounds.  I am a single mum to a 4 year old and I am also almost 7 months pregnant with no income from my employment as I have not been able to work since July 2020 so no longer entitled to ssp.  I am applying for pip at the minute.  Are there any other benefits that I may be entitled to? When will I apply for maternity allowance/pay?  Will that again affect my uc payments.  Does anyone have an idea how much I should be entitled to on benefits calculator it says over 900 a month but I have not received anywhere near that and now they are looking money off me.

Thanks for all help


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.