If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra tribunal

Options
Emilyc90
Emilyc90 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Hello, I’ve started the tribunal process for Lcwra. Am I allowed to send in evidence regarding a possible new diagnosis or is it only for the conditions that were included in the uc50 form? I think the possible new diagnosis could be one of the main reasons I have certain mental health problems so can I include it for that purpose? Thanks for your help. 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2023
    Options
    It’s fine to send in additional information about a new diagnosis. The decision is about the difficulties that impact you and they shouldn’t take into account any deterioration in your health but a diagnosis make be relevant. 

however the most important thing is that you explain your difficulty and which LCWRA descriptor (or descriptors) you consider are applicable,
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Emilyc90
    Options
    @calcotti thank you so much for your help. 
  • Emilyc90
    Options
    Hi, just an update. I had a phone call from dwp on Saturday who asked me a few questions and then confirmed they have changed the decision in my favour so no need to go to tribunal. I first reported my health condition on 31st aug 2022. My assessment period is 23-22 and payment date is the 29th. Am I owed any backpay? Thanks x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news. Your waiting period will be as follows. Sept to Dec 2022. LCWRA starts from AP 23rd Dec to 22nd Jan and first payment will be 29th Jan 2023. Therefore they owe you 3 months LCWRA element up to now.
    Any money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and can often take a few weeks to receive it. You should have the element included in your next statement so you'll need to check that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Emilyc90
    Options
    Thank you so much. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great to hear they changed the decision to be in your favour @Emilyc90 :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Emilyc90
    Options
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.