Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Forgot to mention this aswell 17 year old son starting collage again and they want to see it

Options
DollyDolly29
DollyDolly29 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
Had a message to say today that an appointment been made so they can see my 17 Yr old sons collage course and what hours and times he’s going there 

can I just show them on the portal? I’ve never done this before as my younger son wants to learn something many thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,404 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can ask if you can send the information through your journal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • DollyDolly29
    Options
    You can ask if you can send the information through your journal.
    Thanks for this poppy this helps me so much , what can i provide to them to say that he’s doing his course 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You'll need to ask them but they will likely want to know the name of the college and what course and qualification he's doing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did he receive an enrollment confirmation letter or acceptance letter @DollyDolly29? These sound like particularly good examples that would include the evidence  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • DollyDolly29
    Options
    Did he receive an enrollment confirmation letter or acceptance letter @DollyDolly29? These sound like particularly good examples that would include the evidence  :)
    It’s an online course he is doing what do I show with that? 

:) 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Are you asking these questions in relation to the child element for your son? If so then the course needs to be full time.

Approved education

Education must be full-time (more than an average of 12 hours a week supervised study or course-related work experience) and can include:

• A levels or similar, for example Pre-U, International Baccalaureate
    • T levels
    • Scottish Highers
    • NVQs and other vocational qualifications up to level 3
    • home education - if it started before your child turned 16 or after 16 if they have special needs
    • traineeships in England

• DollyDolly29
    Options
    Are you asking these questions in relation to the child element for your son? If so then the course needs to be full time.

Approved education

Education must be full-time (more than an average of 12 hours a week supervised study or course-related work experience) and can include:

• A levels or similar, for example Pre-U, International Baccalaureate
    • T levels
    • Scottish Highers
    • NVQs and other vocational qualifications up to level 3
    • home education - if it started before your child turned 16 or after 16 if they have special needs
    • traineeships in England

It’s for the Uc for child ,

they’re doing a full time online accountancy course 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Once you give them details of the course a decision maker will decide whether the child element can continue.
  • DollyDolly29
    Options
    Once you give them details of the course a decision maker will decide whether the child element can continue.
    What do you mean sorry? He left school last year it stopped then and now he wants to do a course I told Them and they said if I want to claim uc element for child then I got to prove this 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It needs to be approved education (or training), with an average of 12 hours of supervised study per week and i don't know whether an online course will be accepted. It will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision.
  • DollyDolly29
    Options
    It needs to be approved education (or training), with an average of 12 hours of supervised study per week and i don't know whether an online course will be accepted. It will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision.
    I spoke to someone on my portal and they said that it’ll be classed as education .
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I wouldn't take anyone's word for it and it will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision. Any course is classed as education but It will depend on whether it's classed as approved education. Not all courses are.
  • DollyDolly29
    Options
    I wouldn't take anyone's word for it and it will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision. Any course is classed as education but It will depend on whether it's classed as approved education. Not all courses are.
    He is doing level 3 accountancy course 56 weeks and 12 hours study 
  • DollyDolly29
    Options
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2023
    Options
    `

I don't understand why you made the same comment again. I seen your previous comment but didn't comment because there's no other advice to give.
    Part of the rules are it must be on average at least 12 hours/week of supervised study. (in a class or group with a teacher) Unless your son has special needs.
    As i advised it will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Should have the same enrolment forms @DollyDolly29, probably in the form of an acceptance email if I know online courses well enough. 

With this, you could take a screenshot and upload the screenshot. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help  :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • DollyDolly29
    Options

Should have the same enrolment forms @DollyDolly29, probably in the form of an acceptance email if I know online courses well enough. 

With this, you could take a screenshot and upload the screenshot. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help  :)

Hi I uploaded it onto the uc portal , and I’ve not heard nothing.. do I give them a call? 

I’ve had my statement too and the child elements not gone on , I might give them a call today to give them a nudge 

kind regards 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You should put a message onto your journal and ask about the child element to see if a decision has been made on this yet. As it wasn't included in your statement this month then a decision may not have been made yet as it's not long since you gave them the evidence.
  • DollyDolly29
    Options
    You should put a message onto your journal and ask about the child element to see if a decision has been made on this yet. As it wasn't included in your statement this month then a decision may not have been made yet as it's not long since you gave them the evidence.
    I got to go in again to show the evidence and then they add it onto my claim 

• DollyDolly29
    Options
    All done and approved the education what my son is doing ,

and how much is the uc element for one child? 

And do I qualify for the CB too because he is in education online , As the lady said  child benefit aswell? 

Kind regards 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.