Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Mobility car help

Options
joey1990000
joey1990000 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
Does anyone know how I go about getting a mobility car how much it costs etc do I have to have good credit etc if anyone has any info would be appreciated 

Comments

• Rhianjayne
    Rhianjayne Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    Does anyone know how I go about getting a mobility car how much it costs etc do I have to have good credit etc if anyone has any info would be appreciated 
    It’s absolutely nothing to do with credit. If you get the enhanced mobility, you can have the mobility car. I’m regards to cost, it can range from a smallish amount of the mobility each week, or the full mobility award. Go over to https://www.motability.co.uk/ you can check the cost there. Also the upfront cost :) 
  • joey1990000
    joey1990000 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    Options
    Yes I get the enhanced rate mobility how do I apply etc 
  • Rhianjayne
    Rhianjayne Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    Head on over to https://www.motability.co.uk/how-it-works/
    it tells you everything you need to know :) 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,483 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

As well as the link provided above telling you everything you need to know. Once you know which vehicles you may like you'll need to visit a dealer of your choice to test drive a vehicle. You then place your order and the dealer will do everything else for you.
    There maybe several months wait for the car that's the only issue. Once you collect the car your mobility payments will then be made to motability instead of to you.
    I note from another thread that you've been awarded by a Tribunal. You'll need to wait for DWP to put your award into payment and they'll then send you your decision letter. You will need to take that letter to the dealer, as well as your driving licence.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.