If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Annie1!

Options
Annie1
Annie1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my names Anne, I tripped up a back step last August at a family BBQ, within minutes my right leg became useless I couldn’t walk or place my foot in the right place almost jelly like . Got taken to hospital after a 4.5 hour wait for ambulance , the paramedic thought I had cauda equina. Was CT’D and MRI urgently and that was ruled out , I was in hospital for 2 weeks and rehab for 2 weeks, I have had physio as well . The hospital have not been able to give me a diagnosis. I paid for a private neurological appointment and that Dr is convinced it’s a spinal cord stroke. I just had another EMG muscle nerve test and also another MRI so I’m awaiting results.
I have a dropped foot as well since the trip, I have some feeling back in the leg but severe nerve damage in my good leg . I’m very happy that it works though, progress is slow but I will not let it stop me and hopefully be crutch ,dolly trolley and mob scooter free eventually. I got the scooter so I could get out and try to get back to some sort of normality. I bought an FES machine and since being discharged from physio I’m awaiting an appointment for an official FES clinic.
Is there anyone here with same or similar who would like to chat compare give tips etc 
Anne 

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.