If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip renewal forms not sent out

Options
bobbinbox
bobbinbox Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I’m going through a bit of a saga with PIP. I got a letter saying that I need to ring them straight away as my award is up for renewal in August. This was at the start of February. I rang them and they said they would send the form for me to fill out ‘How your disability affects you’. Nothing happened. I forgot about it (I have memory issues). I got a text message saying they hadn’t received my form. I rang them last Wednesday and they extended the deadline and said another form will be in the post. The deadline is quite soon. I still haven’t received a form. Is this something anyone else has experienced? Any help would be gratefully received.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,250 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All you can do is ring them again to tell them you still haven't received the form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bobbinbox
    bobbinbox Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks. I always feel like they’re trying to catch me out. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @bobbinbox We have had a few people express that postage from DWP has been delayed, I do wonder if some areas are still backlogged a little from the postal strikes? 

My mother received a hospital telephone appointment letter Monday, the appointment was the week before! lucky they text her too.
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.