Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Any "Good" Savings accounts

Options
JBS2022
JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
Does anyone know of any banks that provide reasonable interest ( unlikely I know)or the best interest. I'm trying to save and I need a decent savings account.
Life is better in a fishtank  🐟

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,689 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are different types of savings account.  For example, do you want an instant access or a longer term fix?  Do you have a lump sum or just putting away a small amount each month?

There is also the Help-To-Save scheme if you're on eligible benefits.

For bank options, see this page - Savings accounts: 3.4% easy access or up to 4.51% fixed (moneysavingexpert.com)

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree with the link Overly has provided! 

Anything financial I think, Martin Lewis :D 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • JBS2022
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Thanks ive just read about the Help To Save scheme, I'm gonna try that. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you managed to try the Help to Save scheme yet @JBS2022 and, if so, how have you found it? Please do feel free to let us know how it goes and if we can do anything else to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • PhilG111
    PhilG111 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Options
    I went through the money saving website for a decent savers account. I was looking for a deposit and forget type saver account and it came up with another Broker site called Raisin, which holds your details but has access to hundreds of different accounts. I selected one that is supposed to give me 4.5% for 12 months.

Halifax also has a regular saver (4.5%, upto £250 per month) but you need an account with them.

I also use the Moneybox app and have an instant saver there (with Clydesdale Bank) at 3.7% per annum. But it's a weekly collection so you have to plan accordingly, I haven't found a way of changing yet. If anyone does know please let me know.
  • JBS2022
    Options
    Have you managed to try the Help to Save scheme yet @JBS2022 and, if so, how have you found it? Please do feel free to let us know how it goes and if we can do anything else to support you  :)
    I haven't yet I'm gonna enquire about it after I have dealt with becoming my husband's appointee. Probably some point by Friday.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best of luck becoming your husband's appointee @JBS2022. Please do feel free to let us know how things go and if there's anything else we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,841 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You have to do a lot od internet searching to find decent rates, we  did a 12 month fixed rate last year at 2.8%, it's likely that base rates will increase again next week perhaps to 4.5%, although savings rates seem to lag behind base rates still.lifetime ISA's offer a good deal for the 18-39's
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.