What do you think about me rejecting taller guys on online dating, even though they seem to message — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What do you think about me rejecting taller guys on online dating, even though they seem to message

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous
There was a time when I had a bad experience with taller men. As someone with mixed backgrounds, I've been rejected some times, and others just see me as a friend. Since I am shorter than most women when it comes to taller men I only see them as friends now. I have one creepy man that was taller and rejected and I always block them from online dating. I don't any interested in having a tall boyfriend since i don't see the point and make me happy that i can reject every single tall men. i would prefer short guys or avenge guy. When you not interested or not attracted to tall guy but i always seem to get message me. i skip them and they seem to be a lot taller guys then me and that i dislike it. I'm Taller men are lame , no bio, and only put their heads on their bios, making it very boring and lame. Blank bio that guys tend to be taller. That's why i don't even bother with matching with them i just blocked them instead and What do you think that i'm not interested in having a tall boyfriend would prefer a short boyfriend instead. to have common interested.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Splatmate24 after your bad experience, you might feel that all taller men must be the same, when isn't always the case. How people behave could be down to all sorts of things, not just their height :)

You've mentioned you're shorter than most women, how do people you're dating feel about that? Often people can make assumptions about others based on what they look like, rather than how they are as a person. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @Alex_Scope. none of them didn't comment anything about height part from some men letting me know about their height . can talk to people sometimes other times i can't . got very  intimidated  when guys are very attractive and taller then me .  i just used the friend zone card sometimes since i not that interested dating them . online i saw both tall men and short men . other times i think go back with in college when i don't really want to date that too tall then me . i kept looking up and they can't uselessly hear me very . 

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What's important is that you feel comfortable spending time with someone @Splatmate24, as you say :)

How someone looks can sometimes be intimidating, and if it doesn't make you feel comfortable it sounds like you're good at making that clear. Good communication is a very useful skill when dating.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @Alex_Scope i will try to get clear communication skills with talking bit more but other times i won't talk to guy that i'm not going to that interested in and tell them straight way i'm not interested . that i what i put online if person is outside of my age and left them on read . i got some guys that kept trying even i kept saying .

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Splatmate24

Hi I hope your well. I was just wondering maybe if you just trying not overthink about getting a boyfriend or a date, it’ll happen when you least expect it.
    I wish you well and hope things work out for you.

Take care ❤️
  • Splatmate24
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @Lou67 I don' even overthink anyway but still end the same way of begin just friends with some of men that i met .

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's quite inevitable @Splatmate24, not every connection would be right for you to be more than friends  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.