Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Did you see our balloon?
You’ll hopefully remember me posting about our social energy tariff campaign.
As a reminder, Scope and Age UK wrote an open letter to the Government asking for a 50% discount on energy rates for disabled people, older people, and carers on lower incomes.
We had 58,234 signatures overall- thank you for showing your support!
Yesterday, with Age UK and some of our disabled storytellers, we delivered our open letter to the Government.
To help us make our point, we took a shed to Parliament with a giant light bulb shaped balloon breaking through the roof to represent disabled people’s skyrocketing energy bills.
This isn’t the end of our campaign.
We’ll be keeping a keen eye on the Spring Budget. We hope that the Chancellor will commit to delivering support for disabled people on many of the issues we’ve been campaigning on.
We'll continue to stand with you, and push the Government to put an end to energy bills going through the roof.
I look forward to keeping you all updated
Over to you...
What do you think about the campaign?
Do you have any questions about the campaign?
How are you feeling about the upcoming Spring Budget?
Join our call for an equal future.
- All Categories
- 13.2K Start here and say hello!
- 6.8K Coffee lounge
- 86 Games lounge
- 473 Cost of living
- 4.5K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 226 Community updates
- 9.5K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.6K Work and employment
- 797 Education
- 1.7K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 644 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 372 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 819 Transport and travel
- 31.5K Talk about money
- 4.5K Benefits and financial support
- 5.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 875 Chronic pain and pain management
- 177 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.3K Mental health and wellbeing
- 326 Sensory impairments
- 825 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions