limited capability been awarded can anyone tell me if it will be backdated? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

limited capability been awarded can anyone tell me if it will be backdated?

Options
Andy1985
Andy1985 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited March 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi can anyone help I was sent a limited capability for in November 2022 it was late back due to the death of my brother I received a letter for a accement and was due to have it in February 2023 but it was cancelled I've recently just had it in March I had latter in my journal notifying me that I have been awarded can anyone tell me if it will be backdated when I will start receiving the benefit thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is this regarding Universal Credit? If so, you will only receive extra money per month if you were found to have Limited capability for work Related Activity. (LCWRA) You will need to check the decision letter to make sure exactly what the decision is.
    If you have then the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition. Providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of that and continued to send them without any gaps until a decision was made on your claim.
    When it's paid from exactly will depend what date you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note and what date you usually receive your money each month.
    There's no extra money if you were found to have just Limited capability for work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,712 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @AndyGT I just wanted to give you a warm welcome to my name is Jaide also known as @durhamjaide2001. I would highly recommend the coffee lounge for some fun and games to distract you from the benefits side of things. 
  • Andy1985
    Options
    It was because there was a break in the sick notes I have a letter of my doctor stating why will this make a difference and how long does a reconsideration take
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Were you found to have LCWRA? In your opening post you refer to limited capability for work (LCW). If it was LCWRA then it will be down to a decision maker to decide when the extra money is paid from.
    You haven't said what date you reported your health condition or what date you usually receive your money each month so it's impossible to advise.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Andy1985
    Options
    I've have been found to have li. Icwra it's been awarded from the first of march this year I originally got the forms in November and I wasn't meant to have my accesment in January it's was cancelled by them til February and then tell me I have to wait three months until June before I will start receiving the benefit 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When you had your assessment is irrelevant. You still haven't answered these questions.
     what date you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note and what date you usually receive your money each month.
    Also how long was the gap in your fit notes?

• Andy1985
    Options
    It's the second of every month and I'm not sure Ive been hand g them in for months and months there was break in them but I have a letter of my doctor stating due to my condition it's not easy for me to obtain sick notes 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It will give you all the information on your journal of what date you sent your first one and what gaps there are. If the gap was quite long then yes it can affect when the extra money is paid from as it seems like they've gone from when the decision was made. Impossible to advise without more information.

You can put a message onto your journal and ask if they will accept a backdated fit note for the gaps.
  • Andy1985
    Options
    It's the second of every month and I'm not sure Ive been hand g them in for ages do you know how long a reconsideration takes 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Up to 12 weeks for MR decision.
  • Andy1985
    Options
    Really why so long 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Because that's the timescales. Remember i said "up to" 12 weeks, so it could be before that.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.