Teenager — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Teenager

Options
iza
iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
Does anyone has recommendations how handy also teenagers challenging behaviour (life impact). I am struggling a little bit. I feel like I don’t have any experience how manage parenting teenager. I feel like I am walking on moving sand and it will suck me in? 

Comments

• iza
    Options
    @ScopeHelpline, please move my post to another category as I posted here by mistake. 
  • iza
    Options
    @ScopeHelpline, I cannot edit the post either. I usually was able to edit post with 1h but cannot see this option today? Any advice why ? Thank you 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,563 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @iza the function to edit is not available to any of us at the moment 
    Teenagers can be difficult at the best of times 
  • newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    Options
    Oh dear. Many of us will really feel for you. Do you remember the comedian who invented Kevin the teenager and his pal, (played by an actress but pretending to be a boy)?  Like many a true word spoken in jest, it had plenty of truth in it ! 

One I remember is that the horrible teenagers were only horrible to their own parents, and transformed into pleasant polite reasonable creatures when talking to parents of their friends. I had a silly/not silly idea that really, parents of teenagers should try a mutual exchange swap! 
  • iza
    Options
    Hi @newborn such a great idea but all my friends has boys 2 years younger than mine. So it feels like I am pioneering 💫
  • newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    Options
    haha Iza, trying to look on the bright side, you apparently only have to wait for your child to be 26, then they realise mother knows best (according to yesterday's news). Take a look on Mumsnet. You won't really be a pioneer, others have waded through similar quicksand and even lived to tell the tale! All the very best wishes for you and your DC

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.