If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Options
Strawberry1
Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,665 Disability Gamechanger
I did go away but I've been searching the Internet and I've actually found out I have many hidden disabilities so I don't feel as silly now . 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,110 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm sorry you ever felt silly @Strawberry1. As I said in another post, you are very welcome here. How are you feeling today?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    @Andrian -Scope , I'm feeling OK thank you.  How are you?
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope , sorry I spelt you name wrong . I'm okay thanks.  How are you?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    I'm good thanks @Strawberry1. I'm just at my desk, working on my second coffee of the afternoon! No worries about the misspelling! :smiley:

What are you up to today?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope , glad you are OK 👍.  I'm not doing much at all . I sometimes have music on in the background and just sit listening to the music . Sometimes I just look at stuff on the Internet recipes , news , local news stuff like that . 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    What sort of music do you usually listen to?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope , its usually 80s music lol 😆 
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope , again I'm starting to wonder if I did the right thing coming back because my disabilities being hidden ones 🤔 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We have many members with hidden disabilities. As well as members with no disabilities, that care for family members. Everyone is welcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Thank you @poppy123456 , I appreciate your time today. 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope , again I'm starting to wonder if I did the right thing coming back because my disabilities being hidden ones 🤔 
    Hi,
    I have hidden disabilities; I have lumbar and cervical spondylosis (aka degenerative disk disease aka arthritis of the spine) and spinal lumbar stenosis.  You wouldn`t know looking at me though.
    I apologise if you are familiar with an expression I like:
    "Representation versus reality"; the representation is that I, as are you from what you have said, am normal in the sense of not having any medical conditions / challenges.  The reality is that I have a spinal condition that, at times, can be so debilitating that the only thing I can do is lie down.
    As for your comment "again I'm starting to wonder if I did the right thing coming back because my disabilities being hidden ones 🤔", I, personally, couldn`t think of a better place to be with the wealth of knowledge, empathy, sympathy and general friendliness than this forum.
    I don`t know how your condition affects you, but I have seen you "wibble" a few times.  That`s not a problem, "wibble" as many times as you want; leave for a day, a week or even a month - people will still welcome you back and help you when you return.
    Andy

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It doesn't matter here if your disabilities are hidden nobody in here can see you anyway 

Everyone deserves support and that's what you get here 
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    @Cartini and @janer1967 , thank you both for your time today.  Sorry for my late reply . Hope to chat more soon . Take care. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.