How's your day going so far ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How's your day going so far ?

Options
Strawberry1
Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,549 Disability Gamechanger
I think I may be starting with Carpal tunnel 😳 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh that's not fun, if you're still experiencing symptoms over the next few days, I'd contact your GP if you can. 

The NHS has information on how to treat carpal tunnel syndrome at home:

How to treat carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) yourself

CTS sometimes gets better by itself in a few months, particularly if you have it because you're pregnant.

Wear a wrist splint

A wrist splint is something you wear on your hand to keep your wrist straight. It helps to relieve pressure on the nerve.

You wear it at night while you sleep. You'll have to wear a splint for at least 4 weeks before it starts to feel better.

You can buy wrist splints online or from pharmacies.

Stop or cut down on things that may be causing it

Stop or cut down on anything that causes you to frequently bend your wrist or grip hard, such as using vibrating tools for work or playing an instrument.

Painkillers

Painkillers like paracetamol or ibuprofen may help carpal tunnel pain short-term.

But there's little evidence to say they can treat the cause of CTS, so it's important not to rely on them.

Hand exercises

There's a small amount of evidence to suggest hand exercises help ease the symptoms of CTS.

I hope this helps, but let us know if we can do anything else :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Thank you @Alex_Scope , I've popped my wrist splint on but I don't think I've had it on long enough.  I've had symptoms before but just ignored it but it's playing up a bit at present.  Thank you so much.  
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    @Alex_Scope , I will look online to see what exercises there are for this problem.  Thanks so much 🙏. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome @Strawberry1, keep going with the wrist splint and hopefully that should help!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Thanks @Alex_Scope , your a gem 💎. 
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,432 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Strawberry1 How is your Carpal tunnel now? Have you spoken to your GP regarding this. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.