ive read that i ahould automatucallr get lcw as ive bern awarded pip

Mandishalamar
Mandishalamar Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2023 in Benefits and income
Hello people , ive recently been awarded pip standard rate .i work partime although my health issues can mean im in pain .ive been told as i get a top up on uc that i may be able to clain lcw eventhough i work .ive read that i ahould automatucallr get this as ive bern awarded pip .wirk coach wasnt much help .just wondering if any body else has bern in my situation 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,445 Championing
    I’m not sure where you read that but a PIP award doesn’t automatically entitle you to limited capability for work. 
    For this you will need to report your health condition, supported by a fit note within 7 days of that. Then continue to send them without any gaps until a decision is made on your work capability assessment.
    You should be referred around 29 days after you report it but sometimes it can be longer. You will then be sent forms to fill in and return with all your supporting evidence. An assessment is most likely because most people have them. (Like PIP but different criteria) 
    See link https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-if-you-have-a-disability-or-health-condition-quick-guide/universal-credit-if-you-have-a-disability-or-health-condition
    If you’re found to have LCWRA you will receive extra money from the 4th month after you reported your health condition.

If you’re claiming UC with a partner and they care for you for at least 35 hours per week they can claim carers element of UC for looking after you. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    Hello and welcome to the community @Mandishalamar, thanks for posting your query :) I'm just going to move it over to our benefits and financial support category, so it's easier for everyone to share their thoughts. 

Has Poppy's reply helped answer things for you? 

If there's anything else we can do to help, please ask :)