ive read that i ahould automatucallr get lcw as ive bern awarded pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ive read that i ahould automatucallr get lcw as ive bern awarded pip

Mandishalamar Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello people , ive recently been awarded pip standard rate .i work partime although my health issues can mean im in pain .ive been told as i get a top up on uc that i may be able to clain lcw eventhough i work .ive read that i ahould automatucallr get this as ive bern awarded pip .wirk coach wasnt much help .just wondering if any body else has bern in my situation 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,618 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m not sure where you read that but a PIP award doesn’t automatically entitle you to limited capability for work. 
    For this you will need to report your health condition, supported by a fit note within 7 days of that. Then continue to send them without any gaps until a decision is made on your work capability assessment.
    You should be referred around 29 days after you report it but sometimes it can be longer. You will then be sent forms to fill in and return with all your supporting evidence. An assessment is most likely because most people have them. (Like PIP but different criteria) 
    See link https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-if-you-have-a-disability-or-health-condition-quick-guide/universal-credit-if-you-have-a-disability-or-health-condition
    If you’re found to have LCWRA you will receive extra money from the 4th month after you reported your health condition.

    If you’re claiming UC with a partner and they care for you for at least 35 hours per week they can claim carers element of UC for looking after you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Scope
    Alex_Scope Posts: 7,562 Scope online community team
    Hello and welcome to the community @Mandishalamar, thanks for posting your query :) I'm just going to move it over to our benefits and financial support category, so it's easier for everyone to share their thoughts. 

    Has Poppy's reply helped answer things for you? 

    If there's anything else we can do to help, please ask :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.