If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is jasoncraig83! Won my PIP appeal

Options
jasoncraig83
jasoncraig83 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hi everyone.i finally won pip appeal after 16 months had tribunal Friday and was only in there 10 minutes as they made there mind up b4 I entered the room.they awarded me highest enhanced for both mobility and daily living.im confused because my brother said now I'm on highest pip and on ESA anyway that my ESA will go up aswell with servere premium disability? Wondering if that's true.ive won 10k just got to wait for it now ..thankyou 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good news. Whether you're entitled to SDP will depend on which ESA you're claiming and who you live with?
    Are you claiming Income Related ESA?
    Do you live alone or with other adults?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jasoncraig83
    Options
    With my dad and get income related ESA 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your good news @jasoncraig83, I'm pleased to hear you've won your appeal, that must be a big relief :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then you'll only be entitled to Severe disability premium if your dad is either claiming a qualifying disability there self such as PIP daily living, DLA mid high rate care or Attendance Allowance or they are registered blind. If none of those apply to him then you will not be entitled to SDP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jasoncraig83
    Options
    Yeah my dad is claiming pip.how do I get it please or will I get it automatically?
  • jasoncraig83
    Options
    I'm very happy thankyou everyone.just waiting game now as they owe me 16 months of backdated payment the judge said.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,884 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Aww congratulations I'm so happy for you and so should you. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You'll need to wait until your PIP award is in payment. Once it is ring ESA to ask to claim the SDP and fill out the form over the phone. It's a very straight forward form and shouldn't take any longer than about 10 minutes. Once a decision is made you will be contacted.

Does your dad claim any means tested benefits like Income Related ESA/JSA, Income Support or Pension credit? If so and no one claims carers allowance or carers element of UC for looking after him then he will also be entitled to the SDP.
  • jasoncraig83
    Options
    Think my dad get pip and universal credit.thankyou just got email saying I will receive a letter b4 April 3rd.im getting 17 months back pay so around 10k.most I've ever had in my bank was 1k when worked at petrol station long time ago
  • jasoncraig83
    Options
    How quick can DWP send pip backdated payment please? Some are saying few days other say few weeks .
  • JBS2022
    JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2023
    Options
    How quick can DWP send pip backdated payment please? Some are saying few days other say few weeks .
    It depends on if you owe debt to DWP. If you don't then you will usually be paid 3-5 days after being awarded, if you do owe money, it can take a lot longer, because the Debt Management need to recieve payment before you will get any owed backdated money. My sister had to wait 2 months although I don't know how common that is.
    Life is better in a fishtank  🐟
  • jasoncraig83
    Options
    No don't owe any money to anyone was told Friday that I'm getting it but as it was weekend might take longer
  • jasoncraig83
    Options
    Thankyou wasn't sure because it's a large amount it might take longer.
  • JBS2022
    edited March 2023
    Options
    It shouldn't matter how large the backpayment, my hubby got a call off the DM saying he'd been awarded and had it 3 days later, it was a lot of money. It depends whether there is an upcoming weekend. Hopefully you should get it wednesday- Friday.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As this is a Tribunal decision then it can take up to about 8 weeks, sometimes longer.
  • JBS2022
    Options
    I didn't realise it was a tribunal decision, like poppy stated...she's correct it could take longer. 
  • jasoncraig83
    Options
    Random question.does pip backdated payment go in at midnight normally or can it go in during the day?
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Payments don't usually go in through the day, unless it's a fast payment. BACS payments usually clear in the early hours. For my bank it's usually around 3am.
  • jasoncraig83
    Options
    Thankyou I did think that as my ESA goes in at midnight
  • jasoncraig83
    Options
    Sorry for all these questions lol.is it true pip will phone me for details like have I been in hospital or prison.someone they phone few days after appeal win?
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.