If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP ASSESSORS REPORT

Options
chrisofa
chrisofa Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi everyone, 

I received my assessor’s report today regarding a change of circumstances for PIP.
I feel the content to my daily living to be fair , but I disagree with the mobility scoring content. First and foremost I want to stress I am by no means questioning the mobility content just because of money. That I absolutely stress . I am questioning it because it seems very contradictory on the basis of evidence submitted and also the assessors point of view . I have received on the basis purely from the assessors report 10 points for the mobility, yes that is very helpful indeed and is also nothing to be ungrateful for as hundreds cannot even get that unfortunately, but I question how you get put into the descriptor/s on there findings, when it’s very plain to see the stark difference in the actual descriptor it should be in, based on there comments on said report and also the with submitted evidence.
 I appreciate this is only a provisional score for the purpose of a potential outcome , yet I feel very let down . 
My question would be, would the decision maker upon their viewing of said report take into consideration that it should be in a higher score for descriptor purposes , opposed to the assessors score ? It really does make a difference from being standard to the next descriptor score being enhanced. I appreciate they would not ideally do this as yes it gives out more money to individuals, but does it happen.
I appreciate anybody who takes time out to read this as well as any comments on this.

Stay blessed , kind regards Chris.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,181 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Before making a decision they should look at everything you sent, including the assessment report. They do mostly go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it but it's rare for this to happen.

You can ring PIP to ask for a decision maker to ring you before making their decision and then you can get your point across to them.

Other than that once the decision is made if you're not happy you can request the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chrisofa
    chrisofa Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    @poppy123456 Thanks Poppy for that reply , do I just ring the regular number and ask to speak with a decision maker ? Can you please furnish me with the how I go about this . Thank you poppy.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The number to ring is

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
    Just tell them your thoughts about the assessment report and what it says. Sorry i can't advise anymore than this because i have no idea what it says for that activity.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • te1
    te1 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    Options
    chrisofa said:
    @poppy123456 Thanks Poppy for that reply , do I just ring the regular number and ask to speak with a decision maker ? Can you please furnish me with the how I go about this . Thank you poppy.
    I am following this thread as I need to do the same. So do we just call the usual number and then ask to speak to a decision maker or do we have to wait for one to call us back.
  • te1
    te1 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    Options
    The number to ring is

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
    Just tell them your thoughts about the assessment report and what it says. Sorry i can't advise anymore than this because i have no idea what it says for that activity.

Hi Poppy123456

l actually plucked up the courage yesterday and asked to be put through to a Decision Maker or if one could give me a call back to be told that we don’t do that, 
    My reply was oh from what I understand is that I thought I could do that once I had received my assessors report.?
    Anyway long and short was she said that’s why we don’t like to send out the report before a decision is made so I said I’ve requested it and I’ve been sent it and I would like to speak to someone as there are discrepancies on it that I would like to point out as to where I feel I should receive points and why. 
    I went through all my report and made lots of notes regarding the recommendations as to why this desctriptor had been considered but due to the fact she can (for example drive her car one day a week) she can use her upper body to do ………,

Whether it will make any difference or not I will have to wait and see. I could here her typing away but whether anyone will actually read it remains to be seen.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The decision maker can ring you before making a decision if you request that (it doesn't mean they will), so what you were told is incorrect.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.