If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SSP1 form - not been issued by employer

Options
MarieBarl
MarieBarl Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
I have now had both DWP and Job Centre call and ask me for the SSP1 form which I should have had within 7 days of my contract being ended.

The company I worked for initally responded to my query with a job reference, but subsequently have refused to issue anything within 5 weeks of my leaving date. I cannot believe they can just get away with that. 

They also 'advised' me that my final payslip would show any sick pay I was due. Fortunately I am not desperate for money or stressing over it (yet).

I rang the contact number the DWP gave me but it was for UC claimants and I don't qualify yet. The lady who spoke to me tried to help but was equally flummoxed.

I rang the Job Centre back but they told me to use my online account to leave a message. I dont seem to have one yet.

I looked up the form on the gov website and forwarded the link via email to my old HR department, and explained that it was an obligation and that I looked forward to a completed copy in due course.

Anyone got any ideas how to get hold of either DWP or Job Centre since the contact details I have get me nowhere and they have both told me to let them know if I have any problems?

The only thing I could thiink of was to write a note and upload it via the fit note upload. I haven't actually tried it though.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    MarieBarl said:
    I have now had both DWP and Job Centre call and ask me for the SSP1 form which I should have had within 7 days of my contract being ended.
    An SSP1 is produced by employer. If your contract added you presumably got an employment form P45 so your employer is now unlikely to get your SSP1 but they are the only person can produce it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MarieBarl
    Options
    calcotti said

An SSP1 is produced by employer. If your contract added you presumably got an employment form P45 so your employer is now unlikely to get your SSP1 but they are the only person can produce it.
    I haven't had a P45 either
  • calcotti
    Options
    It’s the employer you need the paper of either SSP1 and P45 from employer.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MarieBarl
    Options
    calcotti said:
    It’s the employer you need the paper of either SSP1 and P45 from employer.
    Yes. But both govt departments said let them know if there were any problems obtaining the SSP1 and you cant get through to either. 

I suppose I just have to wait until they come back to me for it. Luckily Im not desperate. I'm just someone who likes the paperwork complete:(
  • calcotti
    Options
    That’s good of DWP may respond without either. Possibly if you have payslips that record your record that will help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Until your final pay is made they won't be able to send your p45 they should be able to send the ssp1 form as all they need to put is date your ssp ended and reason why 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,264 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    MarieBarl said:

I rang the Job Centre back but they told me to use my online account to leave a message. I dont seem to have one yet.

That's referring to a journal, which you won't have when claiming New style ESA. Journals are for UC. New style ESA contact details are

if you have a query about an existing claim for ‘new style’ ESA or JSA

Contact the Jobcentre Plus helpline.

Jobcentre Plus
    Telephone: 0800 169 0310
    Textphone: 0800 169 0314
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 169 0310
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Welsh language: 0800 328 1744
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MarieBarl
    Options
    Thank you @calcotti , @janer1967 and @poppy123456.

My old employers responded today by closing the query. Not even an acknowledgement. Oh well, I thought, How Rude!

So I have another 3 weeks to wait.

Oh well.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How disappointing @MarieBarl, even an acknowledgement would have been nice  :( Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • MarieBarl
    Options
    Thank you. To some extent it is what it is. Theoretically I should actually be paid what they owe me in the next cycle which is this coming week. I am allowing two extra weeks as it is possible they will run it in the supplementary pay cycle and it fits to the timing others have quoted under similar circumstances.

If employment rules say I should have had the blessed form issued within 7 days, I really feel they are pushing it, though.

I have had confirmation that one of my company benefits has been notified that I have left. From the third party involved  of course.

Thanks for the offer of help, much appreciated.

• MarieBarl
    Options
    I got paid today. My payslip arrived in the post. No P45 or abything  though. When I rang they said I will 'get it sent in due course'

I guess they must have dubmittrd sn SSP1 someehow though, as I have had a first ESA payment already..
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear you have been paid now @MarieBarl. How do you feel about what they have said regarding your P45?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • MarieBarl
    Options
    Disgusted and angry. I got the P45 over a week after the last payment went into my bank and they still deducted a tenner for a savings scheme they had already cancelled, they will 'return the money which has been deducted in error in the next pay cycle.' 

Its just rude.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.