Council support fund — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Council support fund

Tina12
Tina12 Community member Posts: 171 Pioneering
Hi all, just wanted to ask if anyone has applied for it and can you have savings even if you apply for it ? 
Thankyou in advance 😊

Comments

• JBS2022
    JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
    I applied last year, I needed a new washing machine I had to provide bank statements and proof of benefits ( or wages if employed) I was refused because they claimed I had already had 3 COL payments. I can't see them giving you a payment if you have savings, since you could use that instead. My local council stopped giving out cash a few months ago and only provide vouchers now.
    Life is better in a fishtank  🐟
  • Tina12
    @JBS2022 Sorry to hear you didn't get it,  Sorry what do you mean by COL PAYMENT ? ...
  • life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    @Tina12 cost of living payment
  • Tina12
    Thankyou sorry I get alot of brain fog @JBS2022
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,167 Disability Gamechanger
    What's available (if anything) will totally depend on your local Authority. I know some are giving some sort of rebate but others nothing. My LA are in the "not giving anything group"
    You will need to look on your Local Authorities website.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tina12
    Thankyou @poppy will do 👍

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.