If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advise please

Sashastar Community member Posts: 18 Listener
Hello, I am looking for advice on who to contact.  My son is showing symptoms of Dyspraxia and my daughter adhd what do I do? This is draining me out.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    If they are children then speak to their school. Otherwise your GP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sashastar
    Sashastar Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Thanks for your reply. I have spoken to school, they have said they don't see what I see as the children are not behaving the way I have told them. I have tried GP they are not giving me any advice. So tired of all this.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    This sounds really frustrating and isolating for you @Sashastar. Is there advice you are looking for in particular?

    If related to diagnoses of dyspraxia and ADHD and the NHS is not giving you advice, it might be worth looking into private diagnoses.

    Please feel free to let us know and, hopefully, we can help you further. In the meantime, some resources you might find helpful are:

    I also want to ask, you mention feeling drained, how are you coping at the moment? Please don't hesitate to let us know if you wish to talk about any of this further or if there's anything else we can do to help  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

    Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.