Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Advice for working on benefits

Options
bethany2022
bethany2022 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Me and my partner claim UC, I get p.I.p and lcwra. We also have a 12 year old child. My partner is looking for part time work because of my needs but UC are saying he has to do full time. Is there anything we can do to prove he can only do part time? I only get the mobility side of p.I.p, I was 2 points off qualifying for daily living. Also if he did take full time work what financial help would we qualify for if I can’t work. Any advice will be appreciated. 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,060 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If your partner starts working then this doesn’t mean your UC will end. People work and continue to claim UC. There’s no other benefits to claim now because UC has replaced all other means tested benefits.
    If your partner starts work they will need to report the changes on their journal. They have the work allowance, which means a certain amount of earnings received each month will be ignored before any deductions apply.
    If you claim for help with the rent the work allowance will be £344/month, if you don’t it will be £573/month. 
    You can use a benefits calculator and put in different figures to see how much UC you will be entitled to. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bethany2022
    Options
    I’m a bit lost, I done the benefits calculator but there was no option to see what we would get if my partner worked x amount of hours, it just told me what I already get. 
  • bethany2022
    Options
    Sorry I found it I was misreading the results. Thanks for your help. 
  • bethany2022
    Options
    One more question, can my partner claim the care element of universal credit if he cares for me? I get lcwra and the enhanced rate mobility side of p.i.p. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,060 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I’m a bit lost, I done the benefits calculator but there was no option to see what we would get if my partner worked x amount of hours, it just told me what I already get. 
    It will depend on his earnings and what your work allowance is. Do you claim for help with the rent?
    One more question, can my partner claim the care element of universal credit if he cares for me? I get lcwra and the enhanced rate mobility side of p.i.p. 

No because you need a PIP daily living award for him to claim this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.