Bank statement — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bank statement

Options
Qasimo
Qasimo Community member Posts: 159 Courageous
What is bad thing on bank statement that dwp will close and how far back statement dwp want to see?? Let say I did couple of gambling online paid with my bank etc  will that be a problem if they see it on statement?? Well dwp just want to see what spent on etc
No tagging allowed.. ask questions and wait for respond..

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What you spend your money on is entirely up to you. DWP will not be interested in that. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Qasimo
    Options
    @poppy123456 hi thanks can I ask why are dwp in job centre asking for bank statement for??
  • poppy123456
    Options
    UC is means tested so they will probably be checking to see if you have any savings. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    In a previous thread you mentioned you claimed UC previously that you weren’t entitled to because your wife had more than £16,000 in savings, is that correct? If so then they will be checking your savings. 
  • Qasimo
    Options
    @poppy123456 yes it is but this was on my journal...
    You will need to contact the bank and get evidence from them that the accounts are closed and provide evidence to show how the money was spent.
    Without this evidence your claim will remain suspended.

• Qasimo
    Options
    @poppy123456 it say how money was spent... that why it make me and my wife headache and tension that why need help and advice etc
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You will need to provide what they’ve asked. They are checking what the money was spent on. If you had a large amount of money and spent it within a short space of time then yes they will make checks. 
    You won’t be entitled to any UC until you provide the evidence. 
  • Qasimo
    Options
    @poppy123456 Ok I got you so from July 2022 to February 2023spent it on like rent bills food or whatever so obviously that ok right and saving gone down now... what about child saving that won't affect right...
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I can’t advise exactly on how much should or shouldn’t have been spent. There’s no definition of deprivation of capital, providing you didn’t buy the most expensive things. 
    Children savings aren’t counted unless you have access to those savings yourself.
    Or you gave your savings to your children. 
    It will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision. You will just need to provide what they’ve asked for. 
  • Qasimo
    Options
    @poppy123456 hey how you my wife had letter saying g she getting 10.1% I didn't so if she getting more does it mean I too get 10.1% in April or May?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Qasimo said:
    poppy123456 hey how ..
    You have tagged poppy when her notes clearly note that she asks not to be tagged. It’s rude to ignore the request. If she wishes to reply to a post she will do but does not wish to be tagged.
    Qasimo said:…I didn't so if she getting more does it mean I too get 10.1% in April or May?
    All benefits are increasing by 10.1% starting from 10th April. The exact date changes slightly to different claimants. Those most impacted on UC have the latest possible wait because the increase only applies to UC assessment period that starts on 10th April or later and the earliest increased pay for UC is therefore 16th May.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Qasimo
    Options
    What you saying tagging not allowed I thought that how every1 does on here I didn't know that sorry hmmm ok don't worry I stop coming on here then  😢 😢 sorry everyone I won't come on here I tho this for all community clearly tagging not allowed I Just didn't know.. bye
  • easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Qasimo, it's only poppy that does not like to be tagged, so just don't tag her. 
    Feel free to tag me.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is understandable that poppy prefers not to be tagged. Somebody tagging somebody selects in result in that person is waiting for a reply but occasionally also get rude if somebody doesn't reply quickly. Poppy does a huge amount on this site but posts in her convenience when it suits her. She posts when it suits her time and doesn't want to be prompted by people explicitly asked notifications. Given that poppy provides more replies than anybody else it would be impolite to take into account her request and not tag her.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,642 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I must admit, I seem to inadvertently skip over 'signatures' on here.  I had not noticed Poppy's request for no tags until it was pointed out in this thread.  I can easily see how other members may miss it. 

I wonder if the Scope team have the power to prevent individual member tags as that may be more effective?
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Qasimo tagging is allowed here on the Scope community, it's just that some members have their notifications turned off, so they'd miss any tags that come through anyway. 

Whenever you're ready to come back, we are all here to support you and help as best we can :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.