Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Access to Work

Options
KRS17
KRS17 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
Can I ask if any of you have had support from Access to Work, how long did it take for the support to start after you had the assessment?  I'm 8 weeks on from mine but my employer hasn't approved the support yet and my Access to Work case manager is not replying to me so I don't know whether the support is still available as my employer hasn't approved.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,298 Scope online community team
    Options

Good morning @KRS17. Unfortunately the time it takes for support to start after an assessment can vary.

It's my understanding that Access to Work aims to process new applications within 12 weeks, but this can differ depending on a number of reasons such as the complexity of the support needed, availability of the support, and how quickly your employer responds to the recommendation. Have you spoken to your employer regarding the recommendations? If your employer has not approved the support yet, it is important to follow up with both them and your Access to Work case manager to find out the status of your application.

If you are having difficulty getting in touch with your Access to Work case manager, you can contact the Access to Work helpline on 0800 121 7479 for assistance. They may be able to provide you with an update on your application and help you follow up with your case manager.

Community Manager
    Scope
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.