Pension credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pension credit

Sunflower1954 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
What is server disability premium payed for? Thanks . 


  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,011 Disability Gamechanger

    Severe disability premium

    You must get of the following qualifying benefits:

    • PIP daily living component
    • AFIP
    • DLA care component at the middle or highest rate
    • Adult Disability Payment - daily living component at the standard or enhanced rate
    • Attendance Allowance (or Constant Attendance Allowance paid with Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit or War Pension)

    You usually cannot have anyone aged 18 or over living with you, unless they’re in one of these situations:

    • they get a qualifying benefit
    • they’re registered blind
    • they’re a boarder or subtenant (but not a close relative)
    • they make separate payments to the landlord

    You cannot get the severe disability premium if someone is getting Carer’s Allowance or the carers element of Universal Credit for looking after you.

    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.