Is there any increase in payments when getting LCWRA? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there any increase in payments when getting LCWRA?

Options
LMF1977
LMF1977 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
I'm so confused with this all. I have been awarded LCWRA after being on UC.
I thought LCWRA was the same as PIP but it's obviously not. 
Is there a time limit on how long it lasts & also, is there any increase in payments after being on normal UC  ? 
Thanks for your advice, all is welcome as I'm so lost ! 🥴😱😩

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA is part of UC. Providing you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already receives this element on your claim then you will be entitled to an extra £354.28/month, which will increase your maximum UC entitlement.

When it’s paid from exactly will depend on what date you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note and what date you usually receive your money each month. 

LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise.

PIP is a completely different benefit.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • LMF1977
    Options
    LCWRA is part of UC. Providing you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already receives this element on your claim then you will be entitled to an extra £354.28/month, which will increase your maximum UC entitlement.

When it’s paid from exactly will depend on what date you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note and what date you usually receive your money each month. 

LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise.

PIP is a completely different benefit.

Am I reading right & y
    ou meant to say I'd get an EXTRA £354.28 per month or was that a typo !?!?
  • LMF1977
    Options
    Somehow my reply to Poppy123456bhas actually attached itself to your original message ! 
    I'm trying to reply to you by asking " Am I reading right & you meant to say I'd get an EXTRA £354.28 per month or was that a typo !?!? "
    Sorry to be so confusing but I'm new to this & obviously don't know how it works !! 🥴 Sorry & thanks for your reply 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, it wasn't a typo at the moment the LCWRA element is £354.28/month extra. Increasing to £390.06/month when benefits increase next month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.