Learnt so much here on Scope - now I think my LCW needs to change to LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Learnt so much here on Scope - now I think my LCW needs to change to LCWRA

Options
Lottie1732
Lottie1732 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
I think I may qualify for LCWRA. Earlier today I did a self test on the Benefits and Work site, though I get that this is only an indication. When I was "given" LCW in November 2022 I just accepted it and filed it way. Since being a member on scope, I feel that it should change (and probably would have been different back in November, had I known then what I do now). 

I logged into my UC account and went to the report a change - health conditions and then panicked! 

In doing so, am I in the right place to start this process? (Already going through PIP, awaiting decision). It just suddenly all felt very scary!

Thank you
Lottie
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,759 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If your conditions haven't changed since the decision was made on your WCA is November 2022 then you can challenge that decision by requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration. Though you're outside of the 1 month to request this, you actually have 13 months with good reason.
    You will need to give a reason why you didn't request it within the first month. If they refuse then you just proceed to Tribunal.
    If you report a change of health condition, you will need to provide fit notes again and the whole process starts from the beginning again.
    The self test you did, isn't the least bit reliable unless you fully understand the descriptors. You can see them here. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lottie1732
    Options

If you report a change of health condition, you will need to provide fit notes again and the whole process starts from the beginning again.

Thank you Poppy. My health conditions have deteriorated. I couldn't honestly recall what the circumstances were back in November. 

So should I report the change on my UC account? Is that where I start the process again? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,759 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, report a change of circumstances. Then click health condition and report it this way. I'd advise you to make sure you have a fit note before reporting changes.

Do also be aware that you could lose your LCW by reporting changes. Of course the decision could also stay the same or you could be found to have LCWRA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lottie1732
    Options
    Thanks so much Poppy. I'm already onto the docs (well, you know, their website since face-to-face doctors are now quite thin in the ground). Suits me actually :)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear it suits you @Lottie1732. This sounds really positive  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.