If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP review assessment

Options
dottydotty
dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering
Hello after  an  18 monh  wait  from sending  in my  PIP REVIEW  FORM  I have  a  telephone  assessment  next  week .  I   am  very  hard  of  hearing and  forgetful   and  am  worried  that  i will  get  flustered  with all  the  questions.  any  tips  or  advice  will  be  gratefully  received . Thankyou 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @dottydotty and thanks for reaching out.

You have every right to ask for breaks during your call if you need to. Some people find it helpful to have someone sit with them for reassurance, or to have notes next to them, so they can read them and not miss anything. 

Does putting the phone on speaker help with hearing the person calling at all? :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • dottydotty
    Options
    P.S
  • dottydotty
    Options
    Alex_Scope   Thankyou  for  that  information  .  I  have  made  a  few  notes  and  yes  i  will  have  my mobile  on  loudspeaker  . I  am  also  slightly  worried as  i  will  be  70  in  August  and  wondered  if my  award  will  cease .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,180 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you find talking over the phone difficult you can request a face to face assessment instead.
    As it’s a review the decision could either stay the same, be reduced, increased or stop completely. Once the decision is made if you’re not happy you can challenge it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dottydotty
    Options
    Thankyoui  i  was  n9t  aware  i  could could  request  a  face  to  face  assessment  . will  see  how  its  goes  on  the  day ,  

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hope this is helpful for you @dottydotty. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • dottydotty
    Options
    Thankyou   .   

• dottydotty
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Update.  Had  my  telephone  assessment   .  1hr  45 mins . Stressful  .  Thankyou for  the  advice  .i  did  make  some  note and  had  loudspeaker  on  phone  throughout .  She  asked if  i  was  tired ? i  replied ; yes  very  ,  oops i had  misheard  the  question ;   am  i  retired ?.  ha ha
     Happy  Easter  everyone 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Happy Easter @dottydotty and well done for getting through your assessment, it sounds like you were able to manage it even with the stress. 

I hope you can now rest and relax this weekend :)
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• dottydotty
    Options
    Thankyou  . had my  Grandchildren  visit  me  yesterday  ,  and  the  sun  is  shining .  so  am  feeling more relaxed  .  

• dottydotty
    Options
    Update  ;recieved  the  dreaded   decision letter today  my  PIP award  has  stopped . Can someone  tell me  if  it  is  worth  asking  for  a  reconsideration , also  i  will be  70  in  August ,( i  feel  my  age  has  gone  against  me ,)  any  advvce will be  greatly  appreciated . 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You can request the MR which you should put in writing within 1 month of the date of the decision. I don’t think your age will have anything to do with it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dottydotty
    Options
    Thankyou  may  i  ask is there  a  form  to request the MR or do i  just  write  to the DWP , also  do i  have  to put   detailed reasons  for  asking  for the  MR  

• poppy123456
    Options
    There’s a form here you can use but you will need to download it and print it off. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/challenge-a-decision-made-by-the-department-for-work-and-pensions-dwp
    You should state where and why you think you should have scored those points. This should be done whether you use the form or write a letter. 
  • dottydotty
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Thankyou .   the decision letter   does  say  that "the decision  maker  has  changed  the descriptors previously  chosen by  the health  professional, .   based  on the  medical  evidence . received  "        i do   now have  further  medical  evidence  and will  include that  with my  letter . 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,734 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @dottydotty

I'm sorry to hear the decision didn't go your way and wish you the very best with your MR. Alongside your medical evidence, try to provide a couple of detailed accounts of the last time you tried specific activities and couldn't do them reliably, making note of who was there, where it happened, what the activity was and what your difficulties were. This will help evidence why you should have scored more points.

If you need to, y
    ou can find someone local to you to help you with the MR such as a welfare representative. You can find a free organisation via the Advice Local website, entering your postcode and selecting 'welfare benefits' on the first page, then scrolling to the bottom of the next page that comes up.

Good luck and if you get stuck at all, give us a shout 
    :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • dottydotty
    Options
    Thankyou  i  have  today  phoned  and  applied  for an  MR   i also  asked  for the  SOR  but  they  were  unsure  as  to  which  dept  i  should ask  for  this / was hoping to  get  the  SOR  before  the  4  week timescale is  up .   Not  mentally  prepared for  all  this  but will give  it  my  best  shot  xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thankyou  i  have  today  phoned  and  applied  for an  MR   i also  asked  for the  SOR  but  they  were  unsure  as  to  which  dept  i  should ask  for  this / was hoping to  get  the  SOR  before  the  4  week timescale is  up .   Not  mentally  prepared for  all  this  but will give  it  my  best  shot  xx

There will only be a SOR (statement of Reasons) after a Tribunal decision. As this was a decision made by DWP then it will be the assessment report you will need to request. You will need to ring PIP for this but it's not needed for the MR.

It would be much better for you to put the request in writing, as i advised, rather than request this over the phone. The issue with requesting it over the phone is how do you know that the person you spoke to typed exactly what you told them? If you're planning on sending more evidence to them, there's no guarantee that they will wait to receive this, once you request it the time starts ticking.
  • dottydotty
    Options
    Thankyou  when  i rang  i  was  seeking  advice and  was  asked  if  i  would like  to  do   MR  i said  yes   i  think  so , so  with  that  it was  logged  onto  the  system  . i  will  send  a  letter  off  on Monday  with  medical  eveidence  to  follow  x

• Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Hope that goes well for you @dottydotty and we're here if you need us in the meantime :) 
    Scope

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.