Son has told his school he does not want contact with me anymore — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Son has told his school he does not want contact with me anymore

NotReally
NotReally Community member Posts: 59 Pioneering
edited April 2023 in Coffee lounge
The last week has been utterly devistating; this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

It is very clear that there is parental alienation behaviour from his mother's family, and some significant communication issues.

I am trying to get information from children's social services to find out what help / assistance can be accessed for him, but ... it feels like I'm shouting into the void.

It can't be right that an 11 year old can make such a life changing decision without appropriate support.

It's been suggested that I need mental health help, but I do not; while this is the worst pain I have ever experienced ... I am not broken. 

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,433 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you always had regular contact with your son before that @NotReally?? 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    This sounds really difficult for you @NotReally. Would you like to share more with us about how you are coping at the moment and what makes you think you do not need the help suggested?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.