LWCRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LWCRA

Options
sammy01
sammy01 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello, can you help at all? I was denied ESA several years ago, due to lack of NI contributions. Asked several times to be looked at again. Recently had assessment and have been awarded LCWRA. 
I have not got a UC folder, have never received any UC. 
I receive enhanced rate for PIP.
Trying to give you as much info as I can. My question is, will I receive any payments at all, I really don't understand it all. I was told I wouldn't. I have put in a mandatory reconsideration in to look at my case from 5 years ago, when I did have enough NI... 4 months on still not heard anything back. Any information you can offer would be grateful, it's a minefield!!!!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA is part of UC. If it was New Style ESA you claimed then you won’t be entitled to any payments if you don’t have the correct NI contributions in tax years 2020/21 and 2021/22. You will receive NI credits only. 
    In a previous thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/90342/hi-my-name-is-sammy01-3-years-ago-i-was-turned-down-for-esa#latest
    You said you were refused ESA because of lack of NI contributions. If you haven’t worked since that claim then you won’t be entitled to any payments now. 
    It is pointless challenging this decision because you’re not entitled to payments.

Have you checked entitlement to UC? If you live with a partner you need to claim as a couple. If you have savings/capital of more than £16,000 you’re excluded from claiming.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.