Struggling physically and with my mental health — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Struggling physically and with my mental health

Options
potnoodle
potnoodle Community member Posts: 15 Connected
I'm really struggling with my fibromyalgia. Things have gone downhill for me, physically and mentally.

I keep getting ill; two stomach bugs this year so far, experiencing excruciating physical pain with the fibro, migraines, had a fall which resulted in an injury to my ankle, the worst cold I've ever had (negative covid test). I even told my therapist I was concerned I'm a hyperchondriac/have munchausens.

Anyway. I'm really struggling. But I don't trust my GP or the NHS. I haven't contacted them because I don't believe they will help me, would believe me or want me to be well. I feel absolutely stuck. After all I've been through with the adult mental health services, I just have no trust left for any of them. 

My mental health diagnosis is complex PTSD. But I also had a terrible period off my antipsychotics a few years ago where I believed I was a reincarnation of a god, and did terrible things resulting in destroying my then-life, losing my ex husband, access to my daughter for a time, my house etc.

Sorry, I feel this post has spiralled very quickly. If anyone has any advice or would just like to tell me their experiences, I'd be grateful to hear back.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,025 Scope online community team
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello @potnoodle. I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling and that you are feeling stuck and unsupported. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time, both physically and mentally.

It is understandable that you may feel distrust towards your GP or the NHS due to your past experiences with mental health services. However, it is important to remember that there are healthcare professionals who genuinely want to help and support you. It may be worth considering seeking out a different healthcare provider or seeking a second opinion. Do you receive any help currently for your mental health?

Remember, you are not alone, and there is support available. Don't be afraid to reach out for help and support from loved ones, support groups, or us here on the community. 

Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.