Lcfw — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcfw

Options
saplin17
saplin17 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I applied for Lcfw in December,got awarded it on 2nd of February ,do you no roughly how long it takes to get a payment and will that payment show up on unerversal credit statement thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,640 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note. The LCWRA element isn't paid at all during the waiting period.

If you sent your first fit note/reported your health condition in December then your first payment will be either April or May. It will be included in your statement.

When it's paid from exactly will depend on the exact date you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note and what date you usually receive your money each month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • saplin17
    saplin17 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi I received a letter  saying not to send sicknotes and am awarded lcfw and would be entitled to money owed the letter is very misleading have been waiting since December.Uc are now saying I am in lcw group and not entitled to anything ,it's to late to appeal but I have recently been diagnosed with stage 2 COPD have you got any advice for me and we're do I go from here .thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,640 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    saplin17 said:
    Hi I received a letter  saying not to send sicknotes and am awarded lcfw and would be entitled to money owed the letter is very misleading have been waiting since December.Uc are now saying I am in lcw group and not entitled to anything ,it's to late to appeal but I have recently been diagnosed with stage 2 COPD have you got any advice for me and we're do I go from here .thanks

Please double check your decision letter to see exactly what it says. If the decision was Limited Capability for Work Related Activity (LCWRA) then you'll be entitled to extra money.

If the decision says Limited Capability for Work (LCW) then you won't be entitled to extra money.

The decision letters are standard letters and  will always advise that no further fit notes are needed, regardless of what the decision is.

They don't tell you there's money owed specifically. What they say is "If this means we owe you some money, we'll tell you when you will get it. You should receive a letter on your journal within 7 days"

You're not too late to request the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR) You have 13 months to request this. If you're outside the 1 month timescale you need to tell them why you didn't request it within this time. If they refuse you just request the Tribunal.

Please also be aware that it's not awarded based on any diagnosis.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.