Hi, my name is bridgit! Is it best the be fired on ill health or quit? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is bridgit! Is it best the be fired on ill health or quit?

Options
bridgit
bridgit Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2023 in Work and employment
Is it best the be vired on ill health or quit?

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @bridgit and welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out with your query, we'll see if we can help.

I've just moved your post over into our Work and Employment category, so it's easier for members to find :)

How are things in work for you at the moment? 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    How do you define 'best'? If your health is severely harmed and you have no other options, quitting would be the quickest way to get out of the situation.

If you want to claim benefits, I believe that the circumstances of leaving a job can sometimes have a bearing on how your case is seen. (No experience, just based on what I read before UC existed.)

If you're thinking from the point of view of your CV, resignation without another job to go to might possibly be looked on negatively, but I suppose it depends on who is looking at your CV and what their values are. 

Termination on health grounds would, in my opinion, look better than quitting or other reasons for leaving (unless you have another better job to go to). It may also mean that you could try to get your pension early, depending on the terms and conditions.

So what's best for you depends on your circumstances and priorities. What do you think is best?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.