sdp — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


alibongo51 Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
hi all.ive not been on here in such a long time for various reasons.hope everyone is ok..i dont know if im asking in the correct place but,i received a letter saying from april my benefits will be so much but from august it will be without the sdp component? does this mean the decision has already been made even though i havent had my pip assessment yet?(they have my form just waiting on them contacting me now) thanks all


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,769 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 4
    No, it doesn't mean a decisions been made on a PIP review. It means that your current PIP award is due to end sometime in August so the SDP will show as being removed. However, your PIP will continue until a decision is made on your review. If by that time a decision hasn't been made then you can ring ESA to tell them your PIP has been extended so your SDP will just continue.
    You could be waiting quite some time for a decision on the review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alibongo51
    alibongo51 Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
    ah thank you so much for explaining and replying ,much appreciated :)


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.