Having found okay men but not interested in any other option that I still have, what can I do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Having found okay men but not interested in any other option that I still have, what can I do?

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous
I was on an app called badoo that i did have mixed result and saw one man that did stand out from the rest of my option that i did have and he started texting on badoo first then is was on Facebook second and he was the first one to message each day part from Monday . Has a lot in common with me in terms of interests. Despite not replying yesterday, I sent a message today and replied back. He also replied back. The other men that I had as an option, the ones that I'm not interested in anymore, are always online but before the new men . There was a guy who kept texting me while I'm busy, which is probably just an excuse since he might be texting someone else before me. I gave up and found someone older than me. The other two guys ghosted me since i didn't get what they wanted. As one of them went too fast, I kept telling them no, I'm not interested in going too fast. i just blocked him after that . When you are not interested in the two men that you had as an option but now one has be reply back and try to call me and i just ignore and wait until the new guy that is online now . Now my mobile phone doesn't seem to get messages in a timely manner. My laptop now gets messages in a straight way. why does this sometimes happen when you want a person that you are interested in, but it takes a bit longer to get reply but still gets replying anyway? but when you aren't interested in a person anymore they seem to message you more and try to call you when you stop putting effort in . I think they are both different guys. One is older than me. Can you share your thoughts on this?

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,025 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Splatmate24

It's not uncommon for people to experience differences in how quickly they receive messages on different devices. This could be due to things such as network connection, settings on your devices, or even the messaging app itself. 

Regarding your issue with the men on the dating app, it's possible that the man you're interested in is simply busy or not checking his messages as frequently as the other men. It's also possible that he's interested but is taking things at a slower pace. It's important to keep in mind that everyone has their own communication style and preferences, and it's not necessarily a reflection of their interest in you.

As for the men who are messaging you more frequently now that you've stopped putting in effort, it's possible that they're sensing your disinterest and are trying to rekindle your attention. However, it's important to remember that you're not obligated to respond or engage with anyone who you're not interested in. It's always okay to set boundaries and prioritise your own needs and desires.

You mentioned a few times that one is older than you, how much older than you is he? And is his age concerning you?

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Splatmate24
    Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope one of the person is  33 year old and think that right in middle of 9 year age different My age is 24 year old .the two other guys were also younger then me . people are not going to be online since sleeping is more import and i know people can has jobs and have events type thing . i also has sometimes has issue with more my laptop and sometimes does crash and turn it self off .didn't get a good charge since is kept falling out each time i put back in. no is age is not the issue and only has be the oldest guy that i been texting and he has be messing me sometimes more then other two men . i noticed more then some men that are younger seem to do make up excuse about i'm very busy or just be left on read a couple times . the older men doesn't do that has much . he doesn't lookalike his age and look younger . 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.