Anxiety twitches — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anxiety twitches

sd100
sd100 Community member Posts: 126 Courageous
Recently I’ve been getting twitches around my ribs on left side of body.
At first I thought it could be a muscle twitch but after reading online its most likely from anxiety. 

Happens mostly on left side around the top rib but a few times I’ve felt it on right side to of rib too, it’s not painful at all but intrigued has anybody had these rib twitches before?

Comments

• WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    edited April 2023
    I have.  I first thought it was a stitch ... but then thought, nah you've got to be strenuously active to have a stitch  :p

Mine starts like a 'flutter' that goes up my ribcage on one side, then becomes more prominent.
    Like you I have no pain with it.  Was weird the first few times but after speaking to my Psychologist I've learned to just breathe through it.

The body is a weird and wonderful thing
  • sd100
    Yeah it’s more annoying than anything not painful,I hope it doesn’t last too long, how long were yours for? I’ve had it for a few days now.
  • lindyloo42
    lindyloo42 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    I get this alot it's a bit like a flutter , I was thinking to go to doctor as I was thinking there might be something going on behind my ribs so thanks for info 
  • sd100
    I get this alot it's a bit like a flutter , I was thinking to go to doctor as I was thinking there might be something going on behind my ribs so thanks for info 
    To be honest it would be better if you did get a professional opinion as I’m not a doctor.
    Hopefully it’s just an anxiety twitch but you can’t rely on me for a diagnosis, if mines carries on for too much longer I will be getting checked out at doctors myself.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    A health professional, such as a GP, would be our recommendation for anyone not sure about health and wanting medical advice too. Thank you for highlighting this @sd100. How are you feeling about everything at the moment?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • sd100
    it it has passed now thanks for asking, lasted around a week.
  • Alex_Scope
    Alex_Scope Posts: 7,562 Scope online community team
    Glad it's passed now @sd100, it might be worth letting your GP know at your next check in, especially if any symptoms persist. 

Are you feeling less anxious generally at the moment?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • sd100
    Thanks will do, been dealing with other things recently as well maybe the anxiety was just too much, or coulda been a harmless muscle twitch, but for sure will go doctors if happens again.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you want to talk to us more about this @sd100? We are here for you and it sounds like you are having a really difficult time at the moment  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.