Hello from Vancouver Canada My name is James I'm 45 have CP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello from Vancouver Canada My name is James I'm 45 have CP

Options
jahanley
jahanley Scope Member Posts: 9 Connected
edited April 2023 in Cerebral palsy
Hello, it's nice to meet everyone. 
I haven't been to the UK in many years but have fond memories as my grandparents lived in Windsor, Berkshire. I'd  like to talk with people like myself as I haven't found anything like Scope in Canada

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,005 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @jahanley Welcome to the Community. If you have any questions please ask. Have a look around and join in.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hello and welcome to our online community @jahanley How is it in Vancouver today? 

I'm chuffed that you found us and we would love to be a virtual support to you, should you need anyone to lean on. We have a Cerebral palsy category, that has others stories and situations in, which I'm sure you will be able to relate to and perhaps contribute to.

While if you have anything specific you'd like to talk about, then please let us know. 

I hope you have a great Easter weekend planned and look forward to talking some more in the future.

Just to note - I've moved your thread to our 'Start here and say hello' category so others can spot you and reply more easily  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome from me too @jahanley, I hope you're enjoying the forum :)

I also have CP myself. It's a shame there's not a Canadian equivalent to Scope where you are, so I'm glad you've found the community!

Please ask if there's anything you'd like a hand with while having a look around.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • jahanley
    Options
    Hello, thank you for being so welcoming. I remember back in 2005(yes, I know it was ages ago), I came to the UK and bumped into someone from Scope in London.

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @jahanley It's lovely to hear they made such a positive impression on you. Did you enjoy your UK visit? How are things over in Canada? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • jahanley
    Options
    Yes, I always enjoy my visits to the UK; unfortunately, I haven't been to the UK since 2005 since I haven't got much family in the UK anymore. Although its always been a dream of mine to live in the UK one day. I love the History and British Comedy. Canada is alright, but I was brought up with a British sense of humour so miss the bantering with people.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.