Carer’s Allowance — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carer’s Allowance

7501x Community member Posts: 48 Connected

My partner receives CA which stopped as he worked for a short period of time (last day of employment 8th March 2023). His last payment from employment was £210 on 17 March 2023 (paid weekly). The payment just before that was 10th March 2023 for £458.24.

Our UC payment on 16th March 2023 deducted CA. We then expected everything to be back to normal for the UC payment on 16th April 2023, however it states that CA is being deducted again.

CA payments are 4 weekly on 6th March 2023, 3rd April 2023, 1st May 2024 etc.

Our UC assessment period was most recently 10th March 2023 to 9th April 2033. On this statement, it says we are being deducted for CA however I’m unsure if this is correct as I don’t know if we will be getting CA again this month (1st May). We didn’t receive CA last month (3rd April) and it was still taken from UC but this was because of CA working in arrears. However I want to know if we will get CA this month to balance out again the fact that it’s been deducted from UC? 

I really hope this makes sense as I’m getting so confused and so stressed with finances!

Kind regards,



  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 3,899 Disability Gamechanger
    Sometimes they don't close the CA properly so UC system still registers it and deducts. Query it with UC and tell them when you last received a payment from CA and ask them to check


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.