Hi, my name is AmandaJane73! LCWRA and Carer's Allowance? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is AmandaJane73! LCWRA and Carer's Allowance?

AmandaJane73 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hello their.  I have just started claiming LCWRA and would like to know if i can claim carers allowance at the same time.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,618 Disability Gamechanger
    LCWRA is part of UC. If you claim carers allowance it will just be deducted in full from any UC entitlement so there's no financial gain.
    As you've been found to have LCWRA then you won't be able to claim carers element of UC at the same time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Scope
    Alex_Scope Posts: 7,562 Scope online community team
    Hello there @AmandaJane73 and welcome to the community, thanks for your query :) To help other members with the same question I've just edited the title, and moved your post over into our Benefits category. 

    I can see Poppy has replied, is there anything else you're feeling unsure about? 
    Online Community Coordinator

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.