If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pregnant been awarded LCW, am i entitled at LCWRA

Options
gizmo8790
gizmo8790 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Had anxiety for most of my adult life. September last year was horrific, a few events happened and my anxiety spiralled out of control. Gave sick notes in to universal credit and then got my Work Assessment call in February. A few weeks before my call i found out i was pregnant which was a huge shock as i didnt feel mentally or financially prepared. I explained about my anxiety and also that i was pregnant. A few weeks after my call i found out i was pregnant with twins, its a high risk pregnancy due to them sharing a placenta. I have to have check ups and scans every 2 week. My anxiety is through the roof but i know i need to attend all my check ups. I got my Work assessment results through today, i have been awarded LCW. I told universal credit im pregnant with twins but not sure if the work capabilty dept know or if the twin pregnancy will be taken into account. Really struggling with pregnancy symptoms, cant walk far and im in alot of pain. Vomiting multiple times a day and feel absolute rubbish. Is it worth asking to be considered for LCWRA? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To automatically qualify for LCWRA while pregnant.. There must be a serious risk of damage to your health or to the health of your unborn child if you do not refrain from work-related activity.

I'd advise you to request the MR but get some evidence from a Consultant or GP for your high risk pregnancy. LCWRA descriptors here. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gizmo8790
    gizmo8790 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Ive requested a copy of their report and maybe ask for a reconsideration if they havent noted down im having twins. Its the mobility im really struggling with and cant see it getting any better anytime soon. Anxiety is also awful as its a high risk pregnancy, im over 36 aswel so high risk for preclampsia. Just worried i will be asked to attend courses with universal credit, stuggling to get anything done 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @gizmo8790 I'm so sorry you are struggling with your pregnancy. I really wish you and your two little ones the best. Have you got support for the health side of everything? Have you mentioned to your GP about your anxiety? You can always refer yourself to NHS mental health services should you feel you need to.

If you would feel better speaking to someone one on one about it all, Scope have a Helpline which you can call or email if you need any advice, especially if you decided to go with the Mandatory Reconsideration.

We have so many here that have gone through the process as well. You can always vent here <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.