Moving from Scotland to England

jenn48 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, first time post. I am just looking to get some advice re: my parents. They are both currently resident in Scotland but plan to move to London to be closer to a family network for support shortly. They are both in receipt of UC. Will the move have any implications on their claim (other than obviously the housing costs will need to be re-assessed)? It was a very difficult process applying for UC and it will be a nightmare if they have to re-apply because of the move.  And is it just a case of notifying them via the online portal?

Thank you in advance. 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,303 Championing
    They will not have to reapply because they are already claiming UC. Once they've moved they will need to report a change of circumstances for their housing costs. If they will be privately renting they will need proof of eligibility to pay rent such as a tenancy agreement. The changes will take place in the assessment period which the changes are reported.