Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Moving from Scotland to England

Options
jenn48
jenn48 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, first time post. I am just looking to get some advice re: my parents. They are both currently resident in Scotland but plan to move to London to be closer to a family network for support shortly. They are both in receipt of UC. Will the move have any implications on their claim (other than obviously the housing costs will need to be re-assessed)? It was a very difficult process applying for UC and it will be a nightmare if they have to re-apply because of the move.  And is it just a case of notifying them via the online portal?

Thank you in advance. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,481 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They will not have to reapply because they are already claiming UC. Once they've moved they will need to report a change of circumstances for their housing costs. If they will be privately renting they will need proof of eligibility to pay rent such as a tenancy agreement. The changes will take place in the assessment period which the changes are reported.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.