Am I due LCWRA back pay? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I due LCWRA back pay?

Options
markw1978
markw1978 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited April 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
I have been awarded lcwra I sent my first sick note in on October 22 had my work capability assessment on 24 March 23 am I due back papay thanks

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you know what your UC assessment dates are @markw1978? You need them to work out any back pay <3
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,701 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We also need to know what date exactly you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note. Based on the information you gave the LCWRA element will be payable from either Feb or March 2023.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • markw1978
    Options
    I first reported 11 October 22 my sick note thanks
  • markw1978
    Options
    Assessment period is 27 of one month to 28 of the next 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That means your waiting period is Oct to Jan.. LCWRA starts from AP 28th Jan to 27th Feb and first payment will be March. Therefore they owe you for March and April payment.
    Any money owed is usually paid separately to your usual monthly money and can often take a few weeks to pay what is owed. When you have your next statement make sure you check to see if the LCWRA element is included.
    My advice assumes you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • markw1978
    Options
    I'm on uc with my wife but she doesn't claim wcra 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @markw1978 and a warm welcome to our online community, it's great you found us to ask this question. 

Just to let you know, I've moved your discussion to our Universal Credit (UC) category and amended the title to help make it more visible to others.

You know where we are if we can ever be of help again, take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • markw1978
    Options
    I was supposed to have an assessment In Jan but I had to cancel it does that mean I still get back pay even though I has another assesment 24 march
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The cancelled assessment in Jan will make no difference. You're still owed LCWRA element for March and April.
  • markw1978
    Options
    Ok thanks do get the 150 cost of living payment too
  • poppy123456
    Options
    markw1978 said:
    Ok thanks do get the 150 cost of living payment too
    Only if you claim a disability benefit such as PIP/DLA or ADP. The £150 will be paid sometime this summer, no date has been announced yet. 
    There’s a £301 cost of living payment to be made between 25th April and 17th May. 
  • markw1978
    Options
    What happens if my wife starts will k still get lwrca and univesal credit thanks

• markw1978
    Options
    markw1978 said:
    What happens if my wife starts will k still get lwrca and univesal credit thanks

It should say work 

• poppy123456
    Options
    markw1978 said:
    markw1978 said:

It should say work 

Your wife working will not affect your LCWRA. You will have the work allowance, which means that a certain amount of earnings she receives each month will be ignored before any deductions apply.
    If you claim for help with the rent your work allowance will be £379/month, if you don't then it's £631/month.
    Whether there's any entitlement to UC with her earnings will depend on how much earnings she receives. You can use a benefits calculator and put in different figures to see what it comes out with. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator

• markw1978
    Options
  • Swissair50
    Swissair50 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    markw1978 said:
    I have been awarded lcwra I sent my first sick note in on October 22 had my work capability assessment on 24 March 23 am I due back papay thanks

• Swissair50
    Swissair50 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    You will not be able to claim any back payment unless its over 13 weeks. I goes from the date you had the assessment. And if it's 13 weeks then no.
  • Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 364 Pioneering
    Options
    You are answering a post from April
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2023
    Options
    You will not be able to claim any back payment unless its over 13 weeks. I goes from the date you had the assessment. And if it's 13 weeks then no.
    That’s not correct. 13 weeks apply to ESA and not to Universal Credit which is what this thread is about. 

For UC as has been advised it’s 3 full assessment periods starting from when you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note. Not from the date you had the assessment. 

This thread is from April and the original poster was owed 2 months LCWRA element at that time.

Even for ESA it’s not from the date of the assessment, it’s from the date your claim started. 

Please make sure you read threads before replying because the question was already answered when the member posted in April. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.