Universal credit lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit lcwra

Options
roxie
roxie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi so I claim LCWRA for due to mental health reasons but I was wondering if I would be able to do a delivery job like Amazon flex a few days a week with out it effecting my claim as I’m not too sure. 
The reason for Amazon flex for example is because I can choose my own hours n work when I can wich would be perfect for me as I never know what the day will bring for me please could someone help me as I’m not sure what to do and weather or not doing this will effect my claim 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,643 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA is part of UC. There's no maximum amount of hours you can work whilst claiming this. If you do start working you will need to "report a change of circumstances" then tell them you're working.

I believe Amazon Flex means you'll be self employed, so you will need to report your earnings and expenses on your journal on the last day of your assessment period.

You will have the work allowance, which means you receive a certain amount of earnings each month before any deductions apply. If you claim for help with the rent your work allowance will be £379/month, if you don't it will be £631/month. Any earnings over this will reduce your UC by 55%.

Do be aware that if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming LCWRA then it can go against you at your next review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deelee
    deelee Scope Member Posts: 29 Courageous
    Options
    Hello, I am confused about all the new changes to UC - namely the LCWRA that is being done away with and the new Health Element that will be replacing this. What I cant understand is that one one hand it is being said that the new Health Element will replace LCWRA and then it is said that PIPS will be replacing LCWRA. I am claiming both and although it is said to take a few years for these changes to take place, it would be great to try and understand what they mean by this. It is so confusing to understand and wondered if anyone can explain it to me. Would this mean that we would only get PIP or still get both? Is the change only to the assessments - meaning that the assessment would only be PIP assessment to get both the new HEalth Element and PIP - meaning if you fail to satisfy PIP then you lose it all?
    It really difficult to understand the actual new way to assess even the PIP, because it sounds like you need to show the assessor what work you can do rather than what is wrong with you, or am I failing to understand any of this? It sounds far more complicating than ever. 
    Also if I am eventually only going to get PIP then would I lose any help with housing that I receive from UC?  
    I hope this is not too confusing to understand and hope someone can help shed some light on this. Thank you :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,643 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    deelee said:
    Hello, I am confused about all the new changes to UC - namely the LCWRA that is being done away with and the new Health Element that will be replacing this. What I cant understand is that one one hand it is being said that the new Health Element will replace LCWRA and then it is said that PIPS will be replacing LCWRA. I am claiming both and although it is said to take a few years for these changes to take place, it would be great to try and understand what they mean by this. It is so confusing to understand and wondered if anyone can explain it to me. Would this mean that we would only get PIP or still get both? Is the change only to the assessments - meaning that the assessment would only be PIP assessment to get both the new HEalth Element and PIP - meaning if you fail to satisfy PIP then you lose it all?
    It really difficult to understand the actual new way to assess even the PIP, because it sounds like you need to show the assessor what work you can do rather than what is wrong with you, or am I failing to understand any of this? It sounds far more complicating than ever. 
    Also if I am eventually only going to get PIP then would I lose any help with housing that I receive from UC?  
    I hope this is not too confusing to understand and hope someone can help shed some light on this. Thank you :)

No one can give you any advice because no further details have been introduced yet and won't be for quite a few years. All this is, is the "white paper" which gives very limited information. It could be as long as 2029 until anything is put in place (if it goes ahead at all)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deelee
    deelee Scope Member Posts: 29 Courageous
    Options
    Oh, ok I get it now, thank you  :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.