Increase in benefits — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Increase in benefits

Options
katherinemc
katherinemc Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone. 
I receive PIP and lcwra, and once I had heard it was getting increased in April I just assumed I would be eligible for the increase. I received my UC for lcwra today and it was not  increased. Can anyone help me out as to why this could be the case? Thank you 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The increases start from 10th April. UC is paid one month in arrears and no one will receive the increase this month. The first increases will be for those with assessment periods that start from the 10th of the month and they will see the increase in the payment on 16th May.

For you because your assessment period is 8th to 7th of the month you won't see the increase until your June payment. No one will lose out on anything because everyone will receive 12 payments at the new amount.

For your PIP, as it's paid 4 weeks in arrears you won't see the full increase until next month or possibly early June, depending on when your next payment is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • katherinemc
    katherinemc Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi there. Thank you for your response. So UC wise I won’t see an increase until June time. With my PIP, I’ve just received it today but have a random increase of £9.35 this month. Do you know why this is the case? Especially as with my PIP I won’t see an increase until probably June too? Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP works differently to UC because it's a weekly benefit paid every 4 weeks. The increase you had will depend on when the cut off date was for this payment. You will see the full increase in your next payment for PIP.
    As i advised, no one will miss out because everyone will have the same amount of payments with the increased amounts.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.