PIP ASSESSMENT — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP ASSESSMENT

Options
SunQueen_07
SunQueen_07 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
PIP was extended until August 2022 because of covid. Had assessment 23rd January 2023 and received text to say decision will be 6 weeks. Its nearly 7 weeks and still no news. My question is if my pip rate will be greater, will i have backpay from August or from assessment date? It takes forever waiting a decision and i am feeling anxious. Have finished work on health grounds and receive lcwra. Will this make any difference to decision? Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @SunQueen_07 and thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry there's been such a wait already for your PIP decision, and hope it comes through soon. It can be hard not to feel anxious, so I hope we can help to reassure you a bit!

Your PIP will be backdated to when you first made a PIP claim, so you are likely to get a lump sum back payment. This lump sum payment can be very large. The DWP might contact you and offer to pay it in installments.

Your PIP won't be impacted by finishing work or your LCWRA, don't worry :) 

If there's anything else we can help with please ask, and feel free to look around the forum in the meantime, lots of our members are in similar situations.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,376 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Your PIP will be backdated to when you first made a PIP claim, so you are likely to get a lump sum back payment. This lump sum payment can be very large. The DWP might contact you and offer to pay it in installments.

This doesn't always happen. If it's a review started by DWP then usually it's from the date of the decision. Because of the backlogs, they have been backdating some claimants awards to an earlier date but this hasn't applied to everyone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.