If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A PIP Assessor is on the internet

Options
flour
flour Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
edited April 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi All

Theres another benefit forum on a website called reddit where a PIP assessor is commenting.

Its online at this persons thread asking for advice

https://www.reddit.com/r/DWPhelp/comments/12cozqf/am_i_eligible_for_pip/ 

I have never seen an assessor on the web before and I thought this might be interesting for some on here.
Remember that people come on to this forum who may be in a vulnerable state and kindness goes a long way. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @flour. Thank you for sharing this resource with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hello @flour can I ask which person exactly you're referring to as an assessor on reddit? Is it 'Squid-bear'? Just so that I understand more fully :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • flour
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hi @Alex_Scope

Yes it is Squid-bear further down who is verified as the assessor on the thread.

I have never seen an assessor on the web before or making comments so I thought it was interesting. It's about Anxiety, ADHD,  Autism and IBS.

What did you think of reading it through?
    Remember that people come on to this forum who may be in a vulnerable state and kindness goes a long way. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
  • flour
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @stormy

I going off it says 'verified' by their username Squid-bear 

Can you copy/paste the bit you mean about anxiety from the reddit thread on here please? I can't find it on the thread to compare with your link from benefits and work
  • Blue_eyes
    Blue_eyes Community member Posts: 91 Courageous
    Options
    stormy said:
    How do we know they are telling the truth. 
    Exactly,I was thinking the same 🤔🤔
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,268 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You do not need a diagnosis or need to be taking any medication to have a successful PIP award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,664 Pioneering
    Options
    You do not need a diagnosis or need to be taking any medication to have a successful PIP award.
    100% correct.
  • flour
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @stormy

Thanks for pasting it. No it doesn't tally up with the link from benefits and work. Especially where the link you put says 'Severity of a mental health condition does not necessarily correspond with the type or dosage of medication'.

Its interesting how for an anxiety diagnosis not being require they said that the 'DWP expects' it and presumably won't consider it without a diagnosis.
  • flour
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @poppy123456

Agreed - nor is medication required, as on stormys link.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.