AA claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

AA claim

Options
Kate56
Kate56 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
Hi, I started receiving state pension in Dec '22 and in Feb '23 I applied for AA I am still awaiting a decision but yesterday I received a phone call from DWP asking if I would still like to cary on with AA application or apply for PIP ( for which I applied for before I started receiving State Pension and was refused). The DWP person told me he had had an email from another dept stating that I am entitled apply for either one of the benefits
I said go ahead with AA application he told me if I change my mind to contact DWP. I don't understand why I am entitled to claim PIP when I now receive State Pension does anyone know what this is about as I can't find any info online. Many Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,374 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you were refused the PIP claim did you request the Mandatory Reconsideration of that decision?
    As you're now over state pension age you can't start another PIP claim but you can challenge the PIP decision.
    AA doesn't have the mobility part like PIP does.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Annabel21
    Annabel21 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi, I have a pending claim for attendance allowance and have been told for the past 3 weeks it is in the decision making stage. Does anyone know what this means, who how much longer I may have to wait? They have not requested any further information.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,374 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It means it's in a pile of other files waiting to be looked at by a decision maker. There's long delays with AA decisions and the last time i heard they are taking up to about 16 weeks, sometimes longer. Once a decision is made you will be contacted.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kate56
    Kate56 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    Good Morning All, I receive state pension plus Attendance Allowance I would like to know what cost of living/ winter allowances I am entitled to this winter all this has my head in a spin 🥴
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm unsure of the winter allowances, but the GOV website has all the information on the Cost of Living payments :) Hope it helps!
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.