So called king what a joke! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

So called king what a joke!

Options
SOB
SOB Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
Only 1 true royal the KING of heaven, I feel who the hell is this for! It is for the royal king of woke. Oh what a bunch of idiots

Comments

• Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 991 Scope online community team
    Options

Note from online community team:

Hello everyone,

We want this discussion to continue, but we’re concerned that things are becoming quite tense and could easily escalate.

Please remember that all discussions on Scope’s online community should remain civil, supportive, and safe.

We will continue to closely monitor this discussion, but if it escalates further, we may choose to pause, close, or even hide the discussion.

For more information, please read our online community house rules.

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,444 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I do like the royalty, I know they are not everyone's cup of tea. Certainly not the same without Queen Elizabeth 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I thought the same @Sandy_123 that it hasn't been the same without Queen Elizabeth. I feel like she was the last of that old tradition in the new modern world. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Oh definitely it really isn't the same with Charles,  I think when William and Katherine  take over it will be different.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Definitely! I feel the controversy surrounding Charles with his marriage to Diana has left many feeling detached. I think it would feel different if Diana was still alive. 

I know traditionally, the throne goes to the eldest, but I do wish it could have been given to Ann.
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Ann is very good, hard working. If Charles had stepped down it would go straight to William.  I think a lot of people feel same way about the affairs and everything. Charles was made to marry Diana even tho his heart was with camilla, however she was all ready married. Would of been good if they both drawed a line under it. Things might of been different 
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 755 Pioneering
    Options
    Not a Royalist but don't wish them any harm.

I was actually saddened when the Queen died, she did do a lot for the commonwealth.

As most true Welshmen I don't recognise the Prince of Wales as our statesman, Owain Glyndwr is and will be our last PoW
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Agree Sandy, it would have been better if they didn't force the marriage. I really like Ann, she makes me laugh because she doesn't take any nonsense :D

I can understand that @WelshBlue with half my family being Welsh. It was such a shame that more was learnt when the queen passed than when she was alive. It always makes me giggle to think not many people know it was the Army that taught her to drive when she was in service! 
    Hannah - She / Her

• WelshBlue
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope ... I think that's why I had a lot of respect for the Queen, she rolled her sleeves up and got stuck in.  Definitely a once in a lifetime Queen.  

My daughter met Princess Ann the other week.  She was at an Air Ambulance base meeting a rugby player her and her partner saved from a heart attack, for a presentation

Ann landed at the base and then took the time to talk to everyone.  All my daughter took from it is ... "She's a scary looking woman but really nice ... "
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Ann is like her dad say it as it is kinda person, I've always envied those people, I'm not like that.
     An old work colleague of mine, was out judging at a horse show that Ann's daughter zara was in, she marked  her down for a few things and Ann went up asked why, when my freind explained Ann said, well she'll have to improve on that next time. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Those are two amazing stories! I'd love to meet her, although I think I'll feel initially intimidated  :D

Well done to your daughter @WelshBlue amazing <3
    Hannah - She / Her

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,945 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am not a Royalist but did admire the Queen. She cannot really be replaced.
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 3,523 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Will there be a day off for this nonsense?
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,945 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi @Teigr The actual Coronation is on a Saturday. There is to be an extra bank holiday on Monday the 8th May two days after the Coronation Ceremony.
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 3,523 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,718 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am a royalist 100% have been for as long as I can remember and continue to be now we have a new King, if this thread is more about religion then scope should close it down because forums and religion never mix.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming đź’ˇ

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,122 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The same could be said about politics.....https://www.courierherald.com/opinion/we-simply-cant-discuss-politics-or-religion-heres-the-reason/  

“You cannot reason someone out of something he or she was not reasoned into” (Jonathan Swift, 1721).

'Why are religion and politics often considered forbidden topics in polite conversation? The answer comes from Swift’s quote. Most of us believe what we believe because our parents believed it and we simply absorbed their views as we grew up. Reason played no part. They became our “truth.”

Some of us rebelled against our parents’ views and came to hold contradicting positions, but the truth of Swift’s insight still holds true. Very little of what we believe is based upon reason.'

Ah well, my Mum cautioned me about not bringing up religion or politics in conversation, but did I just learn from her?......to me neither has a place on a public forum, & such views, on the whole, should be kept private, as it may unwittingly cause discord. If it relates to disability, then that's relevant here, but not otherwise.

• WelshBlue
    Options
    I've seen some interesting conversation on forums about religion and politics ... all go well, as long as others respect the views of others.  We're all entitled to our opinions/ beliefs ?

I'm an aetheist but a lil' bit envious of those who have a faith they can get comfort in.
    I have an interesting debate every month with the Jehovahs who call, they know they can't convert me and I know they still hold their beliefs ... but both sides hold the respect for the other

Politics ... they all stab you in the back after promising so much to your face.
    Don't vote ... the government will get in ... <tongue in cheek >

It's people who cause chaos not the subject ?
  • MadCow1
    MadCow1 Community member Posts: 396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @stormy,

The God comment by the original poster,is referring to what Christians  refer to God as, The King of Heaven.

I am a Christian,but I respect all faiths,as everyone is entitled to their own beliefs / opinions .

I am not a big Royalist,but I don't mind them either. I loved the late Queen.

My mam met Princess Anne years ago,she said she was so down to earth & a really nice person.

• MadCow1
    MadCow1 Community member Posts: 396 Pioneering
    Options
    I agree,lol. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.