Phone call to say visiting to deliver a letter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone call to say visiting to deliver a letter

Options
angelcakes
angelcakes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
So i got a phone call from a lady who didn’t really give any information other than they were from dwp and would be visiting on Wednesday. When i asked why she didn’t really elaborate when i said okay my heart is pounding sbe just said coming to deliver a letter then i can go about my day. 
I have been on ESA for years and never had someone come to my home, last time someone thouvht it would be nice to report me maliciously i had to attend the local job centre. 
Does anyone know why they would call to say they are coming with a letter? My anxiety is through the roof and had panic attacks since the call. 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've never known anyone from DWP hand deliver a letter before. If it was me then i'd be ringing ESA to ask what it's related to.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • angelcakes
    angelcakes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou for your reply Poppy.  I think i will call tomorrow. I have just never had this before. And she was pretty calm on the phone and said “i need to give you a letter then you can be on with your day” and she needs ID aswell. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.